Friday, September 24, 2010

Post #246 Comrades Unite!

There is a five-part essay at http://pajamasmedia.com/zombie/2010/08/30/ideological-war-spells-doom-for-americas-schoolkids/ worth reading.

Great satire -- a communist conspiracy to take over America! Woo-hee!! The only thing missing is the Black Helicopters. :p

I loved the way the author, Zombie, kept saying what liberals believe -- as tho he knows. All I can say, Thank Goodness I'm not a Liberal -- I'd been worried that my libertarian belief that government should stay out of the doctor's office and thusly abortion should be legal might get me called 'the L-word.'

It was clever to include criticism -- apt criticism, I add -- of the Texas School Board, criticism which of course lead the reader to think the author was going to be fair and balanced. ;)

And painting President Barack Obama as the head of the conspiracy was brilliant -- using a 30-year-old "quote" without attribution -- bravo! Our President is really a Muslim from Kenya, you know.

I criticize the author for not explicitly identifying his piece as satire. I shudder to think how many peeps took it seriously. You know, some peeps see a conspiracy everywhere.

The recommendations at the end in Part V were good -- tho I think Part V should have been a separate essay to avoid the silliness of I-IV.

I would like to point out that home-schooling or private schools are already an option, Indeed, I went to a private school 30 years ago as my parents did not want me to go to school with black kids -- a bogus reason, I know. But they scrimped, saved and sacrificed to pay the tuition but at least were honest about it -- that is why I say the push for neighborhood schools today is dishonest: Those parents want segregated schools but are unwilling to pay for it.

My private school had one valedictorian, and 'capitalism' and 'imperialism' were not bad words. Same today. No communism.

As for textbooks, I agree -- there is no need for textbooks in todays info age. My U.S. History book ran out with LBJ in '64, and the course itself ran out with WWII; my nephew's book ran out with Reagan in '82, and his course ran out with the Cuban Missile Crisis. The point being that there are other evils -- 'papers, TV, 'nets -- out there worse than textbooks.

As for 'union-busting,' my state has a 'right-to-work' law, non-union workers can be hired thusly 'breaking' unions -- everybody should be so enlightened.

Anywho, gotta go. It's time for our weekly meeting of us conspirators in the basement of the White House. I'll tell Zombie "Hello" for you.

P.S.: If you didn't "get it," Zombie was making fun of you.

No comments: